Monday, April 07, 2008

Carrot Soup with Coriander Two Ways


I love it when kids kind of tangle up a saying, and it comes out better. My kiddo has this little song that she sings at school before she can eat. It's non-denominational, and that's cool. But tonight she wanted me to sing a song before we ate. All I had was the classic, "God is Great," from my own childhood. It was easy enough, I figured. So, she decided to sing it for herself:

"God is great, God is good, let them think about the food. Ah-ment."

Yes, please, let them think about the food, I thought. Let's all think about our food. Ah-ment, Baby Girl. Ah-ment.

This soup recipe was the best of my weekend experiments. I also made a sweet potato bread with whole red wheat and honey. Quite good, but the bread looks as if someone ran over it. The yeast just could not hold up to the density of the dough for two risings. I will keep working on this because it tastes so good.

The other experiments were a marinated broccoli, a green bean and arugula dish from Epicurious, which was really good. And this soup. Which was the best of the dishes. The dish is named because both ground coriander (a spice) and the plant leaves it is sourced from, cilantro (and herb), are used.

Carrot Soup with Coriander Two Ways
Looking for this recipe? It will be part of an upcoming book with Ali at Cleaner Plate Club.

Marinated Broccoli

2 comments:

jen said...

dude, i ask yet again: but does it ship?!?!

xo

MamaBird said...

YUM! i want to try both of these. and is the ah-ment an "I meant (it)?!" Love that.