Thursday, January 24, 2008

Bagging the Plastic



It's good news to hear all of the bans on plastic shopping bags, especially when those bans extend to corners of the world like Mumbai and China. We bought some reusable grocery bags to take on our weekly shopping trip, but they are a bit bulky and I find myself forgetting to dig a bag out of the back of the car for my other shopping.

I found one of these cool, reusable totes that actually folds up into a case which fits in my purse. Now, I have no excuses for bringing home more plastic bags even on a quick errand. I'm ready for any bag bans that come my way. And, no they aren't paying me to promote this. It's just a handy solution while we retrain ourselves to BYOB (bring your own bag).

Now, the rest of the country, including the cashier at Target who tried to charge me for my reusable bag as merchandise, needs to just catch up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I picked up a fairly large tote bag for market day in a nice neutral brown so it won't show if my carrots get dumped in with a bit of dirt still on them. I just pop my purse into it while I shop and load it up at the register. I find it much easier to remember to grab the tote than to remember to take out (and put back up) one of the smaller bags that you can carry in your purse. Not very fashionable, but the shoulder straps are very comfortable and I can fit a truly silly amount of things into it at once. My husband jokes that I have a black hole in the bottom.

frugalmom said...

Love the reusable bags. I have so many. I have jokingly told my husband that I will need a room just for them when we move to the new house.