Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Another Year Over and What Have We Done?

243 posts.
93 original recipes.
A few odd carnivals.
One failed farm bill effort.
Plus a handful of nominations and a finalist award.

A bit shy of my goal for having 100 recipes in a year, but then, I have not posted the few recipes I created over my recent and unexpected "blogiday." I got tired of hearing how tired I looked. So, in an uncharacteristic turn, I rested. Hung out with the Kiddo, went sledding, ate some good meals with friends and family. And napped a whole lot.

Naturally, this puts me about two weeks behind in posts, recipes, blog reading and news. It also means my house is still a bit of a mess and I have not gotten the thank you notes out yet. Makes me want to go nap just thinking about it all.

Instead, I will take a moment to think about the value of this past year in blog that has not been assigned a number: all of you. Your comments, sites, support and kindness has been the most unexpected and wonderful gift of this whole pursuit. I hope to see more of you in the coming year, and to be better about visiting your sites and sharing your kindness.

Cheers.

3 comments:

Melinda said...

I love the personal side you bring to your cooking blog - I think that's one of the things that makes your blog unique and successful. I'm glad you took a week off for yourself. It's going to be a wonderful year!

Thanks for writing. Cheers!

rachel said...

best of luck to you in 2008, B! I have so enjoyed your blog and your mix of recipes, politics, personal musings and of course the gorgeous photos you take. I look forward to new endeavors from you (and us!) in this year. And BTW, hanging with A is worth seven recipes any week, IMHO!!

tut-tut said...

I always look forward to your informative and well written posts! A great 2008 to you!