Saturday, December 22, 2007

White and Wheat Pizza

Outside it is nothing but rain, sleet and snow. All day. As dinner approaches, it's not too unusual to see the pizza guy out sliding around making deliveries, because, hey, "I don't want to drive in that." Makes you feel bad enough to almost run after him and tip him a buck — even though you didn't order any pizza.

I didn't call the pizza guy. Not because I felt like cooking on a lazy Saturday, but because our favorite pizza places don't deliver. One is an Italian kitchen that makes more authentic Neopolitan-style pizza. One is a place that makes combinations like fig spread, gorgonzola and prosciutto on an ultra thin crust. And the other is a more thick crust traditional place. I almost always order the same pizza from there: five cheese with a wheat and honey crust.

I decided to combine some favorites and go for five cheeses and a thinner wheat and honey crust. It came out pretty well for a novice pizza maker.

5 comments:

tut-tut said...

We make our own pizza, too. Thanks for this topping combination; hadn't occurred to me!

Have a wonderful holiday.

rachel said...

yummy! I usually order our weekly pizza because it gives me a night off, but I'll definitely trial this one out!

foodperson said...

I didn't know there was yeast especially made for whole-wheat flour. I'll have to look into that!

jen said...

yum, dude. yum.

katiez said...

This is weird but I have never lived anywhere where they would deliver a pizza! In Minnesota we were too far 'out' and here, well they just don't have it available...
So, I make my own and yours sounds delicious!
Especially on a dreary, drizzly day!