Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Channeling Mario

Last night I had a crazy dream. I had been selected to be Mario Batali's sous chef. A thinner, younger Mario, by the way. Throughout the whole dream, we were preparing to go places to cook, but we never got anywhere and never cooked a thing. I don't know what this means.

I tried to stay asleep, to garner some subconscious bit of wisdom from Molto Mario. Alas, my dream was ended.

"Wake up, Mommy!"

So, I am looking to all of you for a path to wisdom. What kind of cooking tip do you most need? What ingredient do you most want a recipe for? Just ask, and I will try and find an answer. Maybe we can get by without Mario.

3 comments:

Mike & Misty said...

You already basically know what I need...some good vegetable recipes. Some with the more common vegetables, to spice up the variety for me when I'm cooking for people who won't eat 'strange' vegetables, and some really good tasting less common vegetables to try to get those same people to try them. If at all possible, using more common ingredients would also be helpful. I love goat cheese, for example, which I think you used in a recent recipe, but unfortunately I don't think I can get any in my tiny town (we're in casserole land :D).

Bethany said...

I'm with Mike and Misty...I'd love to see some kid-friendly recipes using vegetables that use common ingredients and only a few of them.

I'd also love to see more recipes like your herbed chicken. We've made that a few times now and the chili following. I never thought of cooking two at once (duh!) and it works out well. If you have more simple dishes that can work for more than one meal during the week, I'd love to see those!

The Expatriate Chef said...

You got it! I will work on more of these recipes. Thanks for commenting and letting me know!